Would you like a SciWorld Sunday in your region/town?
SciWorld is always keen to hear from communities interested in hosting a SciWorld Sunday around Adelaide and South Australia. We have the equipment, presenters, marketing expertise and contacts to ensure a really successful day. What we need from the host community is:
- free hire of a suitable venue, preferably incorporating a theatre for our science shows;
- as we are a not-for-profit community organisation, help in raising at least $12,000 in cash sponsorship for direct event costs (a little more for country regions) which could come from four sponsors each contributing $3,000 each.
Come and join us for free family science fairs held throughout the year to crawl inside inflatable StarDomes to gaze at the night sky, and try some hands-on science experiments. Teach a robot to fetch a ball or find out how to make an electric circuit. Pat a snake with Animals Anonymous, or get up close to some Bugs ‘n’ Slugs.
- 24th March 2013, Roxby Downs SciWorld Sunday
- 5th May 2013, Elizabeth City SciWorld Sunday with Daleks, Animals Anonymous, Fab Lab, Bugs n Slugs
- 2nd June 2013, Whyalla SciWorld Sunday, with Animals Anonymous, Fab Lab, Bugs n Slugs.
- 4th August 2013, Mount Gambier SciWorld Sunday with special guest, ‘the Maths Man’ Mr Simon Pampena;
- 1st September 2013, Adelaide Zoo SciWorld Sunday with Fab Lab, Animals Anonymous, Bugs n Slugs, Daleks
- 27th October 2013, Port Augusta SciWorld Sunday with Fab Lab, Animals Anonymous and Bugs n Slugs.
- 9th – 11th August 2013: we were at Science Alive! the biggest science event in the Southern Hemisphere!
- 9 September 2012 at Augusta Park Primary School, Port Augusta, featuring Questacon Science Circus, as well as Remabi Park, Bugs n Slugs and the SciWorld team!
- 5 Augusta 2012 at The Main, Mount Gambier, featuring Questacon Science circus, as well as shows from Scott at Remabi Park Native Animals and Kristen at Bugs n Slugs.
- 3 June 2012 at UniSA Whyalla, featuring Mini Scientist activity for ages 8 and under; as well as shows by Scott from Remabi Park Native Animals;
- 6 May 2012 at Playford Civic Centre, Elizabeth, featuring circus skills workshop by Zig Zag Circus;
- 5 June 2011 at UniSA Whyalla, featuring Robotics sessions (sold out in a few hours!);
- 1 May 2011 at Playford Civic Centre, Elizabeth, Adelaide, featuring a special electric circuit workshop supported by Hackerspace, Elizabeth Amateur Radio Club, and Computers Reborn.
What will you see?
- hands-on science fun
- Science shows for all ages
- hands-on robotics workshops for ages 9 and up
- Animals Anonymous
- Bugs ‘n’ Slugs
- Slime making
- Mini-Scientist role play
- 3D printing
- crawl inside the inflatable StarDome and discover the night sky (ages 5 and up)
- electric circuits activities
and much, much more!
$385 for schools in Adelaide
$550 for schools outside Adelaide
Choose any combination of shows and workshops for the day, subject to equipment availability
2 StarDome sessions = 3 x $145 = $435, or 1 Robotics and 1 Chemistry session $218 + $218 = $436 to meet the minimum daily booking of $385.